Single is AWESOME!
This can be both an exciting and frustrating time in your life…because we know sometimes single can be hard, like when everyone on Facebook is posting their wedding pictures, or baby pictures or anniversary shots, or when you go to the movies or a restaurant and it seems everyone is on a date. But we are here to remind you of the benefits of being single — and even more so, how to be single and awesome!
This is the opportunity to focus on you and how you can impact others.
- You have the time and energy, now, to discover and develop who you ARE.
- Work on improving your interpersonal communications skills.
- You can prepare yourself for your future partner and marriage.
- Build your repertoire of hobbies.
- Have fun dating and meeting lots of different types of individuals!
Discover and develop who you are…
- Take relationship building courses online or in a classroom setting –- a great way to meet a potential partner!
- Read books, blogs, online articles and take personality assessments to explore what makes you tick –- like Strengths Finder by Tom Rath or Five Love Languages for Singles by Gary Chapman.
- Improve your physical, mental, and psychological well being by joining yoga classes, learn how to weave baskets under water, or journey into being a more healthy person by seeing a counselor.
Improve interpersonal skills…
- This is a great opportunity to hone in on your “active” listening skills.
- Foster the skills of being compassionate and sympathetic.
- Grow your problem solving skills – master the art of compromise and resolution.
Build repertoire of hobbies…
- It’s time to find and discover your passions NOW! What makes you want to get up in the morning? What puts a skip in your step? Go out and DO IT!
- Have you always wanted to learn how to cook, master martial arts, scuba dive, surf, crochet, play the banjo perhaps?
- And while pursuing your hobbies and passions, who knows, that special someone maybe right around the corner. As Patti Stanger of Millionaire Matchmaker says, “…confidence is the key to any endeavor. Women don’t realize that when they do things they love and are passionate about – their confidence soars. Men are attracted to women who feel happy and decisive about life.”
- Find yoga place to meet people.
- Join a meet-up group with similar passions –- a foodie and wine group, hiking, adventure seeking, arts, culture and music.
- Volunteer with an organization that stands and advocates for a cause that your passionate about. There are tons of local opportunities:
- Get involved in a small group to foster community — be supported and support others on our life’s journey.
How to be single during the holidays…
How to be happy single (for a younger audience)…
The Freedom to Marry Seven Dynamic Steps to Marriage Readiness by Ellen Johnson Varughese